12 February 2006

Sorry to startle you, it's just me, Life.

Well, the Olympics are upon us now. I darned near forgot about them, but now it's very hard to escape. Not because of the Games dominating one channel. Oddly, I find that's far from the case. Seems like NBC is sharing duties with USA and probably CNBC.

Even though I'm usually not a big fan of the glitz and glamor in anything, the whole Michelle Kwan saga has been fascinating. She is indeed out, which my gut sort of told me might happen. So now, if I recall, we have Meissner, Hughes, and Cohen with our country on their shoulders. Should be a pretty fun trio to watch. Cohen has proven to be excellent, but has always been in the shadow of Kwan. And Kimmie and Emily are somewhat unknown quantities at this point, but from what I've seen of them, they have all sorts of enthusiasm, and lack butterflies. We'll just see if they take flight when it matters most, though.

In other sporting news, NASCAR starts up in earnest on the weekend. Seems like just yesterday they were all in the thick of it. The trucks will be especially interesting with Erin Crocker joining their ranks. She had a very serious run in the ARCA RE/MAX Series, and very much proved herself. During the Busch season, she had a chance to enter a couple races, and they both ended in frustrating DNF's. So, this coming year, she will be in the Craftsman Trucks. I'm not sure what makes trucks easier, as I'm not a gearhead. I simply like the action and the personalities. We'll see how it goes, though. I think the trucks deserve more attention, and should not be regarded as necessarily a stepping stone to Nextel. But that's me.

In other news, Valentine's Day has hit me upside the head. Once again, I get my cards and such out late. Why do I feel like the only person in the world like this? Good thing I'm single, no?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home