23 April 2006

My own personal cuteness overload.

I went to see that soccer movie with Amanda Bynes (by the way, I don't even know if this is her official website. It looks a little teenly. But maybe that's the point. She's cuuuute. Cute as in bunny rabbits and footed PJ's and Hello Kitty and...well, I dunno). It was kind of brain candyish. Nothing too philosophical about it. Well, maybe I'm wrong about that. Here in PA, we have a weird definition of gender equity in regards to high school sports. I'm not sure the text of the rule, but there has been a lot of debate because not only are girls trying out for football (which has always happened), but guys are playing on girls' field hockey and other teams. Am I old fashioned? I don't think there ought to be any gender crossover. The same sport has a different culture when boys play it versus when girls play it. There's something beautiful about that to me. In soccer, for instance, it was evident in the WUSA, as compared to big brother MLS. Frankly, I don't know why a girl would want to play on a guy's team (except in football, where there often is no girl's team), nor do I understand why girls would be so accepting of a guy playing field hockey with them. This is one of those instances where "separate but equal" should rule the day.

Rant over. Now I want to ask you all, how the heck does a site like this garner so many comments? I'm jealous, yo! I need to buy a kitten or bunny or dress up as Hello Kitty. I'm just lacking a certain je ne sais quoi.

I think I'll order a pizza. I just hope they sell Red Bull, because I'm still jonesin' for that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rae said...

Just give her a couple of years and she'll be all gross like Britney and Lindsey!

24/4/06 20:03  
Blogger Cory said...

lol...please no plastic surgery though, 'kay Manda Panda?

28/4/06 21:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home