20 May 2006

New Orleans Vote '06

Looks like Nola is up for a mayoral vote, with the black incumbent facing the white challenger. I have yet to read up on much of this, however, I know the incumbent mayor is supposed to be kind of a racist, and very stubborn about that. The concensus seems to be that he really needs to reach out across color lines, and of course somehow get folks to...well, basically overlook Katrina. I suppose I'm showing my colors already. Nagin didn't, from what I see, do much to help his city through the disaster, so therefore, he is as much to blame as the U.S. Government for the slow response and recovery.

Yahoo article

WWL 4 (CBS)

1 Comments:

Blogger Beast1624 said...

I totally agree with your take on it. And yes, he is a racist. He is the one who said he wanted to make New Orleans a 'chocolate city'. What would a white mayor be called who said he wanted to make it a vanilla city? I rest my case.

22/5/06 01:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home