28 February 2006

Changing. Plans.

Well, cheesy as this is to do, I decided to ditch the old template. The fading of the dots underneath my posts was really getting to me, much more than anything should. I havent yet made hostages of local schoolchildren, but I was kind of mentally heading that direction.

I will say that part of me wants a digital camera. I look at blogs like this one, and this one, and--- oh yes---this one way over here in Sverige , and I retreat to pathetic, tearjerking jealousy that I have no photos of myself or that which is important to me. What is wrong with me, people?!?!

On the subject of Sweden, I've been long contemplating a trip there. As most who know me know, I have an almost insatiable appetite for soccer. One of the teams I follow, Linkoping FC is in Sweden's top women's league. One of their players has a website of her own, which is a nice way of reaching out to fans, something you don't see so much of here.

I'm probably not going for another two years, if at all, but it's fun to look for facts on cities, such as where the airport is and what its amenities are, what the bus system is like, where everything is in relation to everything else. I love bulletin boards in general, and http://www.virtualtourist.com is a great little site where you can post a question about any facet of a trip to just about any city imaginable, and have it answered by a local or someone familiar. I posted a question about Folkungavallen (LFC's home stadium), and whether there are any hotels close to it, and a young woman from somewhere else in Sweden hooked me up with a mapquest-like page, marking the stadium, and also provided seemingly vague info on a hotel that she always saw by the railway. She knew it was close to the stadium, so she told me about it, with no promises. Turns out it's a nice hotel (at least by their website) and fairly cheap.

I like to travel. I am about to go to New York City for a book signing. Then, a few weeks later, I'll head to Piscataway, NJ, for a gymnastics meet that Pitt is in.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rae said...

You should get a digital camera! They're becoming so afforable. I have a little one I keep in my purse and take everywhere (shocking, right??)

1/3/06 21:17  
Blogger Cory said...

Awww, man! I'd lose one of those like a drunk astronaut loses his lunch. They seem kind of expensive, too, but maybe I'm wrong. I am a big soccer fan, and we have a minor league outdoor team called the Pittsburgh Riverhounds. A friend of mine off of a bulletin board we post at supports a team out in Portland. She decided to take a two-week trip to something like 8 minor league soccer matches throughout the nation, just on a fact-finding mission to see what sort of facilities and accomodations existed elsewhere. She brought her digital camera to Pittsburgh and showed me how it works, including all the panoramic stuff. That was pretty darned groovy if you ask me.

Last night, I went with some people to an ABA basketball game at Mellon Arena. A girl I know brought hers along as well. It even has video capability, which amazed me.

I need to put pics on my page. I do snap good pictures when I travel (as long as my fingers don't get in the way). But I'd go the ghetto route: disposable camera, and I think Kinko's digitizes them. Somebody does, anyhow. Almost creepy I know what you (and others) look like, but not vice versa.

1/3/06 22:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home