12 June 2006

Ribs, barbecued and cracked

I am heading to St. Louis on Thursday to visit some relatives there. Not sure exactly what I'll be doing there, except go to a baseball game against the Rockies and grease my colon up on some ribs and such. It'll be nice, though. I see very little of my extended family, anymore, it seems, and they are a nice bunch of people. And on this side of the family, very successful in work and in life, even despite some bumps. Major bumps. One family member has battled drug and alcohol addiction, but overcome it and helped the community that he still feels a part of, by helping with Harris House and Hilljack House. He is still very much a family man as well, imperfect as that aspect of his life may also be. To me, he exemplifies responsibility. He accepts his disease, and his susceptibility to breaking sobriety, and lives. Very much lives. Lives for others and himself, which are intertwined things.

I watched The U.S. v. Czech republic today. Or at least the first half. I would have liked to see the finish. To me, we didn't suck, but a loss is a loss, and the 0-3 result puts us below Angola---yes, very bottom. They lost as well, but my an 0-2 margin, which means they have a -2 goal differential, to our -3. And that is the tiebreaker.

Not sure what else to say. I discovered a mysterious disposable camera in my room the other day. On wednesday, I will likely get that developed and upload some more. Also, I am in the process of transferring my photos to Flickr. That will be done, and the rest of my links back up, I'm sure. And when I get back, more pics, I hope.

Tah tah.

P.S. Do most of you write out your blog and then think up a title, or the reverse? I like entry titles; not sure why. But I have a hard time with that. I should just not think; not try too hard to be clever.

5 Comments:

Blogger Beast1624 said...

Same with me as for Laura. I usually write the post first then find a title that fits...I use a certain old TV show's episode title list for a blog title resource...as well as some song titles. Give you an 'atta boy' if anyone can figure out which TV show.

13/6/06 01:00  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i write first then title
or title it as i am writing it

go rockies

13/6/06 10:41  
Blogger Cory said...

Yeah, the more I'm noticing my own behavior in this regard, the more I see that I see things the same as you folks. Thanks. Little things like this make me a better blogger.

14/6/06 23:27  
Blogger Rae said...

I usually write my title first, sometimes I may go back and change it though.

16/6/06 23:04  
Blogger Cory said...

Go back and change...yeah, I do that a lot. I keep forgetting about draft mode. Draft mode kicks ass.

3/7/06 15:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home