09 June 2006

Whoah, girl!

Laura has gone freaky with the meme's today! I think it's her repenting for not doing the friday meme thing for a while (I'm pretty sure). S'OK. Meme's are good. I just have no patience for cultivating them or making my own, so Laura, pat me on the back, because thanks to you, I am it!

1. The Senate recently voted against an amendment to ban same-sex marriages. Do you agree or disagree with the decision? Why or why not?
I agree. Marriage should be open to all units of two people. Maybe in the religious world, marriage is a predecessor to inevitable childbearing. However, not all of us like kids. I'm still lost as to why homosexual marriage is so wrong, except that the Bible may see it as wrong. I am a firm atheist, and many others don't go by the Bible. I'm not sure what else to say, but I find no excuse to exclude gays from marriage.

2. With the recent death of the Al-Qaida leader in Iraq, what do you think is the next step for the country?
The death of Al-Qaeda No. 2. The U.S. has to feel useful, so we will always find a reason to battle others' battles. We just won't find a reason to help social security.

3. The governor of Texas is planning on installing night vision web cams along the border. Do you feel the government has gone overboard with keeping illegal immigrants out of the US? Why or why not?
Not in general, but spending millions like this may not be the way to go. I think maybe illegal immigration should not be enforced unless in tandem with another crime, or unless it is clearly pointed out to authorities beyond a reasonable doubt. I just generally hate the way we are mismanaging money in this country. If we didn't mismanage money, immigration (legal and illegal) wouldn't be so much of a problem.

4. Many fast food restaurants have began offering healthier foods on their menus. Do you feel more compelled to eat there now than before?
No. I eat out, usually, at my supermarket's cafe, where I'll get myself a wrap or sushi, chips, a yogurt, and seltzer.

5. A Maine businessman has produced a 2007 Serial Killer Calendar that depicts some of the world’s most notorious murderers (artwork done by a convicted Frenchman who served time for murder). Would you buy it? Why or why not?
I'm not into buying things for their shock value. Also, my parents still question me on certain things, and that's not something I'd want to feel compelled to explain (even though I'm an adult).

1 Comments:

Blogger Cory said...

Meme marathon! Yeah babyyyyy!

10/6/06 09:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home