18 August 2006

Is it 15 October yet?!

Yeah, I do overreact, I know. I panic. It's annoying. I act like every mistake of mine is the end of the world. It's not. My IP addy hasn't been banned by the offended party (see entry below). I did need some off-time, I think. But maybe not quite that much. I think I just need to know how to pace myself. If I percieve a potentially stressful moment occurring, I just need to try to trim other things out of my life, but not delete them.

As far as my checklist, I'm pretty much there as far as housekeeping, but that is a constant thing that needs regular attention by anybody. As far as getting a computer microphone...well...nahhh. Not yet anyways. I did drop by the Shack (I really miss their old logo, but hey, the 80's are over, no?) to talk to folks about how mics work, and one guy patiently showed me several models. All are somewhat expensive, and quite frankly, I don't have a photographic memory of all the permissions I have my computer set at, so at this time, I'm not sure a mic would work without GeekSquad coming in again.

As far as my back, it's basically where it originally was. Unfortunately, I was given the wrong time for my recall appointment. Either that or I misheard it and was told "Yeah" when I confirmed over the phone. Anyhow, it was 2:40, not 10:30, like I had thought we agreed on. So, I was rescheduled to the 28th, when it should be a non-issue.

As far as my blog, well...I couldn't really settle on any drastic changes, so I just decreased the font size a bit. It was unsightly the way it was, in my humble opinion. I also added a few links and transferred by blog links to the header area. Nothing too painful, and frankly, it was kind of nice to not have any entry obligations, and refocus my energy temporarily to coding. Anything can be stressful if you are trying to accomplish too much simultaneously.

I did have a dream a few nights ago, but I Notepadded it, so I'll need to go over that and post it later.

Anyhow, there's more I want to say, and there's more to my life than a computer screen and an outpatient clinic, but I think I'll just touch upon it in a future entry.

For now, I grabbed a meme off of a blog that I just discovered (another perk of not planning or writing an entry constantly).

Thanks, y'all, for hangin' in. I know I was a wreck the other day. Maybe I've streamlined my life a bit, though. Here's hopin'.


When did you start blogging and why? Or Talk about your blog. What can I learn about you in under 5 minutes?

I'm not sure you can learn much about me in five minutes by my entries, as they are fairly diverse in scope. However, my links are divided between soccer, gymnastics, and other topics, so...well...there you go with that. Why did I start? Well, not sure when, but this is my second blog, a successor to Live From Allison Park. But the why is pretty much that I had begun to appreciate it solely on its artistic and social merit. It gave me a chance to code, but with heavy aid from an editor. Plus, it gave me a chance to connect with people on a safely distant level.

How do you use blogging to build friendship?

Well, just by posting on blogs that I like for their style and the persona they try to display.

Who do you read every day, rain or shine?

Nobody every day. But basically just everybody in my header. And if I come across a blog that I like that is new to me, I try to link to it immediately. Some blogs I've known about for probably three years, like Brittney, with her "feeling fine and looking three" (or some such thing) post, which is so old it's been taken down apparently. Others I discovered within the past week, like Yummy Sushi Pajamas, which talks about a young Annapolis woman's brush with basil gelato.

Why did you choose to share that piece of yourself in a photograph?

Well, I like to photograph things, especially when I travel. And traveling is a big part of me, and it lends a good aesthetic to my photography. I like photographs with a slight bit of mystery to them, and being in a foreign town sets that up well.

How would you describe your writing style?

I ramble, and I tend to use big words when I don't need to. Despite that, there is still the opportunity for me to flesh out my concepts, which I often am too impatient to do (which may be partially because I ramble).


If you could spend time with one person who blogs who would it be?

Zoiks! That's a hard one. I've gotten to establish a rapport with over half of you. I think I'd get along easiest, by a hair, with Rae (and family, but this is one person, so...well Rae is the chattier one), but as far as being in someone elses shoes for a day, maybe Brittney. She's really climbed the status ladder lately, from server to personality on a CBS affiliate in Tennessee. And at times she has alluded to having some kind of rough spots in her past. Blogging sometimes seems like somewhat of a glamorous craft. So does working on TV. It's nice to know we all have imperfections in our lives.

What don't you write about? Anything considered a no-no in your book?

Not that I'm aware of yet. However, things may change. I may think of something that I hadn't before. Not sure what or when that will be, but blogging topics are infinite.

How do you feel about meeting bloggers in real life?

In general, I'm a bit uncomfortable around people. If I'm in a crowd of several, I tend to be OK. I'd love to throw a party for some of the bloggers I've known for a while, but one on one? Maybe not.

Have you written anything controversial? Is blogging controversial?

Blogging is only controversial if you make it. Christian Runner seems to try to avoid it at all cost, which seems to be a function of his faith. He's still a great writer, and somebody I wouldn't mind meeting. As for me, I don't try to avoid controversy unles I have a nagging feeling it will offend a fellow blogger. But by the same token, I don't look for controversy, either. I don't do things for shock value, even if they wind up being shocking in the end.

Are you and your blogging persona the same person?

Well, I don't tell all my secrets, but yes, this is me, and whenever possible, I try to articulate whatever I feel a desire to on here. But geez, I really don't need to go into my roommate's sock drawer. Do I? All joking aside, the more I think about it, the more I realize I don't have many photos of me, and none of anybody else. I don't want my family on here, and I don't want to violate people's privacy, so I don't photograph others.

Have you ever anonymously posted on a site to flame them?

No.

If you had a super power, what would it be?

To know people's names automatically, as if they were all wearing name tags. Sometimes, I feel like people know me but I don't know them, and I feel that some folks kind of prefer it like that.

Sooooooo....since the girl whose blog I got this off of didn't tag anybody in particular, neither will I, but I hope you do do this meme, and post it on your blog, whoever you are.

Oh, and did you hear about Floyd's father committing suicide? That stuff just makes me sad. I've been close to that point as well. Quite a bit. I've trained myself to just step back a bit, though and calm myself. I suppose this entry is evidence of that.

P.S. Phonak's team folded, effective at the end of the season, whenever that is.

Happy belated Independence day, Indonesia! I forgot. It was yesterday. The card is in the mail.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Glad you're back. Thanks for the link!

19/8/06 09:21  
Blogger Rae said...

Hey, welcome back!!!!

Since it's a tough call between me and Brit, if you ever make it N-ville she and I do live in the same neighborhood, probably only 5-10 miles apart!!!

19/8/06 16:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home