03 March 2006

a, e, i, o, u, and sometimes Sarah

Well kiddies, I am off to brave a swarm of yellow taxi cabs. Yessiree Zeb, I am going for a day trip (yes, day trip---on GREYHOUND!!!) to New York City. I am going to a booksigning by the witty and vocally charming single atheist Sarah Vowell.

Oddly, I haven't the foggiest clue what the heck I'm gonna do to pass the bulk of my time. I went to NYC last in the mid '90s. On a really badly planned daytip from Putney, Vermont (thankfully nowhere near Burlington), where we took 5 hours to get there, leaving us with four hours in the city. We went to FAO Schwartz (which I found out did not fold a few years later, contrary to rumors), the Hard Rock Cafe, and a few other things I can't remember. I was kind of frustrated, though. Felt hurried, like cattle.

This time, though, I arrive at maybe 8:00 am, and don't need to be in west Manhattan's Borders Columbus Circle 'til 7:00. I have absolutely zero plans as to what to do, except maybe try to find the Ed Sullivan Theater.

Stay tuned. Or at least file a police report if I take too long to update this blog.

Thanks. You're the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home