31 May 2006

Not much to say...

...but it bears saying (if that makes any sense). It got up to 92 or so today here in Pittsburgh. I felt completely sluggish all day, as though my veins were carrying Elmer's glue. I did not do a damn thing today besides get my groceries, which included some frozen dinners (sweet and sour chicken, chicken fried steak, spaghetti and meat balls, and chicken with fried rice), veggies (corn, yes, but also green beans, just to break the monotony), some weird but cheap and sugarless puffed wheat cereal, yogurt (lime and two types of cherry), and air freshener. Then I got home, picked up the mail, which had a Newsweek, a couple of bills, and a few ads. I sat down and tubed for a bit, watching some angry conservative guy on CNN, and then Good Eats, with Alton Brown. He really gets on my old best friend's nerves, but he meshes with my personality very well. Better than, say, Rachel Ray (though she seems like she'd be lovely, and more relaxed in person). I then got on my computer and read Rae's blog. Her latest entry deals with Pippin's first bee sting. She has some really wonderful photos on there of Pippin, and herself and her husband. She is so lucky to have a husband and dog that seem crazy about her.

And then, seemingly out of nowhere, I ever so gradually start bawling my sorry ass off. Ironically, about fifteen minutes later, I get to reading an article on boot camps, and start to feel more relaxed. I have no freaking explanation for what all happened. I mean, I feel bad for Pippin, and as far as dogs go, he seems like a charmer. However, I really can't fathom that being so upsetting to me. I don't know him. I've never been to Tennessee. I grew up with cats, not dogs.

I do think the heat has gotten to me, though, and has made me kind of sensitive. Thanks, y'all, for listening. As for my next cosmetic step, I don't completely know, but it may have to be reverting, as well as possible, to what I had, and no banner. That kind of annoys me, as I had a really cool banner made, kind of a la Radhole. I should start using the "Save As Draft" button, like a good little blogger.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rae said...

Dogs are so sweet, Pippin follows me everywhere and the slightest squeal out of me gets him in attack mode. He's hilarious, except when he wakes me up at 5:30 in the morning on a Saturday, thinking we're missing our walk.

I think the heat is affecting ALL of us!!

3/6/06 10:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home